We are seeking a highly motivated and numerate professional to join the Cyber Center of Excellence (CoE) in the Global Clients and North American Segment (GC/NA). This newly established Department is responsible for driving the future development of our cyber treaty business across GC/NA, acting as a knowledge leader, and contributing significantly to the Munich Re Group‘s Cyber ambition. In this Cyber CoE role, you will work closely with some of the most sophisticated Cyber insurers in the market to shape and influence the future direction of Cyber and develop our data driven insights/offering to position Munich Re as the first port of call for our treaty clients’ cyber practices and reinsurance demands.
As an Underwriter you will be responsible for underwriting selected GC/NA Cyber treaty clients together with our Client Management teams.
Your tasks will include:
- Assuming underwriting responsibility for individual Global Client accounts, including risk analysis, exposure management, pricing and accumulation control consistent with Munich Re’s guidelines and risk appetite
- Negotiating reinsurance terms and conditions in cooperation with Client Management teams and in line with Global Client strategies
- Strengthening existing relationships with Global Clients, with a particular focus on knowledge exchange and market shaping activities
- Performing audits of Global Clients and provide sound underwriting recommendations and decisions to ensure business is underwritten in compliance with Munich Re guidelines and policies
- Contributing to internal CoE projects including portfolio management and underwriting strategy
- Supporting the overall GC/NA and Munich Re Cyber strategy and maintain our position as a leading global Cyber solution provider
- Supporting knowledge transfer within Cyber CoE, GC/NA and broader Cyber Community
- Forming a network, internally and externally, to ensure that you and the CoE are on the pulse of the cyber insurance market.
- University degree
- At least three years underwriting or actuarial experience
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with data driven decision making, even in the face of uncertainty
- Naturally curious and inquisitive about cyber risk
- Team player
- Ability to influence stakeholders, resolve and manage conflict
- Proactively seek to improve processes and results
- Willingness to travel
- Optional: Cyber (re)insurance knowledge
- Fluent business English, Desirable: experience in dealing with Anglo/American clients